During the AvD Oldtimer GP the Nurburgring becomes the fulcrum of classic motorsport in Germany. If you are familiar with this event and you know the Nordschleife you can understand that for a motorsport enthusiast this could be heaven. An incredible mix of classic and modern cars invaded Nurburg, Adenau and the nearest towns….
…..and then there’s the GP that during the Oldtimer weekend became a petrolhead amusement park.
A beautiful summer rain over the Nurburgring cooled the temperature and it felt like autumn. I’ve never changed so many clothing layers like this time at the Ring.
From the pre-war racing cars to the Vintage Sports Car Trophy or the Formula One cars from the Cosworth era, the sportscars and prototypes from the Group 5 days or the touring cars from the DTM, the AvD Oldtimer GP represent a pillar in the classic racing community
Saturday evening “Two-seater race cars and GT up to 1960/61” category raced till the sun went down and as you can see it was pretty cool. Seeing those cars racing into the sunset made the whole trip worth it by itself.
So that’s it for the 47th AvD Oldtimer GP. If you’re not convinced yet to come at the Nurburgring next year, that’s what you could miss….
- FIA Masters Sports Car Championship
- FIA Masters Formula One Championship
- FIA Lurani Trophy for Formel Junior cars
- Revival German Racing Championship / 100 Meilen Trophy
- Two-seater race cars and GT cars until 1960/61
- Historic Grand Prix Cars
- Tourenwagen Classics
- Formula 3 from 1964 until 1984
- Touring Cars and GTs
- Masters Endurance Legends
- FCD RacingSeries
- Vintage Sports Car Trophy
- A Gentle Drivers Trophy
- Gentlemen Drivers – GT up to 1965